Here is a brief glimpse at the goings-on in the West Australian music industry for music fans to follow.
Enrolments open for Girls Rock! WA’s second camp
It can’t be denied that the great success of the inaugural Girls Rock! WA camp in January, therefore, we are now excited to share that applications are open for the second camp of the year to take place in September and October.
A camp designed to inspire young female, trans and non-binary musicians, campers join in specialty workshops, band rehearsals, instrumental lessons, as well as a slew of inspirational WA artists, mentors, and support volunteers.
With a focus on positivity, community, empowerment, and creativity, the impact of the Girls Rock! WA camp reverberates around the whole community.
Sounds of The Kimberley recording kicks off in Broome
With Demos From The Wheatbelt out in the whole world, we have hit the ground running with our next local recording project – Sounds Of The Kimberley.
Sounds Of The Kimberley is a project that was set to uncover the rich tapestry of songs and songwriters in the region of Kimberley, the ten artists have been chosen and announced and are getting to our pop-up studio in Broome to record with Dan Carroll (Rada Studios), Matt Gio (Rada Studios), , Andy Lawson (Debaser Studio), James Newhouse (Real2Reel Studios), and Sean Lillico (Fur Real Studio)
WA Artists to take Music Matters Singapore and BIGSOUND by storm
As expected, WA artists are going on to take the world by storm. Congratulations to Jamilla, Demon Days, The Hunting Birds, Noah Dillon, and T$oko for being chosen to showcase at Music Matters in Singapore this September.
Upcoming local Launchpad:
- Flossy (single launch) – Lucy’s Love Shack, 30 August
- Duck Teeth (single launch) – The Bird, 30 August
- Web Rumors (album launch) – Mojos Bar, 31 August
- The Volcanics (album launch) – Rosemount Hotel, 31 August
- Choking Stanley (EP launch) – The Boston, 6 September
- Tara Tiba-OMID (album launch) – The Ellington Jazz Club, 1 September
- The Floors (album launch) – Mojos Bar, 13 September
- Cloning (EP launch) – The Bird, 11 September
- Bench Press (LP launch) – The Aardvark, 21 September
- Lilia (single launch) – The Bird, 19 September